06 November 2014

March 2014 - Pan Am

I should, right off the top, give a nod to fellow simmer Bruce Scott for the inspiration of this FOTM.
http://youtu.be/JVE7JKrN_40
http://youtu.be/eDyN3zzefzo
http://youtu.be/fV8GLel32I8
I'm not at all convinced that people visit TooMuchFS.com anymore or even read our Pilot Reports. We've had a lack of reports for over a year and pilots aren't even filing their flights anymore. We used to look forward to our upcoming flights and challenges, now it seems like it's just another job to have to complete. Although Hans has graciously paid for 2014, I'm thinking that F.S Flight Club International may have run it's natural course and simply needs to be archived. (We'll still all be friends and there's always Facebook!) I don't know, e-mail and let me know what you think.

So there I was at the end of last month, hanging out in Phuket. (pict1) (pict2) When March 1st came and went without a FOTM I pulled out some old memories. (pict3)

Leg One: Pan Am Today:
A-320s are well-established as a major player in the Shorter-Range Airliner market and were Pan Am around today they certainly would use this type of aircraft for flights such as my flight from Phuket to Hong Kong. (pict4) (pict5) (pict6)

Leg Two: Pan Am Tomorrow:
Were Pan Am still in existance in the very near future they would likely be eager to add the 748 to their front-line fleet. I flew this beautiful aircraft to Honolulu. (pict7) (pict8) (pict9)

Leg Three: Pan Am Yesterday:
Pan Am were one of the airlines that were "brave" enough to order both Boeing and Douglas aircraft at the same time. Not one over the other but both, together in one seamless family. I flew the DC-8 version from Honolulu to San Diego. (pict10) (pict11) (pict12) (pict13)

Leg Four: Pan Am "Hopper":
San Diego is relatively close to home so another Pan Am flight from KSAN up to KPDX. (pict14) (pict15) (pict16) (pict17)