26 January 2012

October 2011 - Portugese Colonies

In September guest author Jorge Silva took us to the Azores. After completing my assignment I shuttled on a TAPortugal A318 to Lisbon. Shortly after my arrival Joao proposed to fly us to some Portugese colonies - it was the perfect segway!
Once my directives arrived it was obvious that I'd have to fly this FOTM backwards. I loaded a TAPortugal A321 and headed from Lisbon to Funchal. (pict1) (pict2) (pict3) After encountering some wind on take-off and some bumps along the way I was surprised to have no wind for the landing.
After touring the island and some of the local sights for a day or two I loaded an aircraft I have never actually flown before - the stretched 300 version of the 757. I departed to the north and climbed up to cruise altitude for the long flight down to Bissau. (pict4) (pict5) (pict6) (pict7) (pict8) (pict9)
After touring the western part of that country for five days I loaded a classic old 707 and flew the final leg into Sao Tome (I always forget that this is part of Africa). (pict10) (pict11) (pict12) (pict13) (pict14)
So, Joao has brought us to a place that is not only warm but scenic as well. (pict15) Additionally he has given us some Portugese History and provided a GREAT place to stay. (pict16) Thank you Joao for another fun FOTM - and I actually liked the longer flights!
I have no idea what is coming up in November but by the middle of October (I had already published this) I decided to fly a Rwandair EMB-190 from Sao Tome to Kigali. I'll start next month from there. (pict17) (pict18) (pict19) (pict20) (pict21) (pict22) (pict23) (pict24)
On 31-Oct-11 I took a newly painted Flight Club 773 from Kigali to Mumbai, ready for November's Flight. (pict25) (pict26) (pict27) (pict28) (pict29) (pict30) (pict31) (pict32)