04 June 2013

July 2012 - Mexico

Last month I flew a Sopwith Camel over Mexico City before heading south to Oaxaca. Now Joao invites us to fly to Mexico City and Acapulco! I bet I can hit more places than that this month.
Let me put in a little pitch here for our EXTRA FLIGHTS Tab. There is feature there called "My Mexico" which is also worthy of a look - may be a nice compliment to this feature flight. (In fact, his flight is how I ended up in Oaxaca!)
Wanting to avoid the heat and smog of Mexico City, I departed Oaxaca at dawn I flew the short leg west to Acapulco on Sunday July 1st.
Sunday July 8th I flew north to the resorts at Mazatlan.
Sunday July 15th I flew northwest to La Paz.
Sunday July 22nd I flew east to Mexico City.
Wednesday July 25th I flew east to Cancun.
All legs flown in EMB-190 repaints.


All legs flown = 2,320 miles.
Joao, Thank you so much for taking us to a new and scenic country, it was a pleasure to fly for you.
POST SCRIPT: On July 29th I flew 1,400 miles in a FOTM-livery to St. Maarten where I will be hanging out at Maho Beach until August.