04 June 2013

April 2012 - Pacific Coast Highway

From Utah, I headed to Paso Robles, CA to get a little warmer (Ignore the previous reports of a multi-legged commute to Babylon). How convenient that I'd be hanging out here when Alastair sends us to ... CALIFORNIA. (Notice the "California Yin/Yang flight in the EXTRA Flights tab)
Well, this is actually pretty slick because I've just been playing around (in my mind) with doing flights hubbed out of Santa Barbara (not too far from where I went to High School). I could pretty much fly wherever I wanted to in either an EMB-190 or an EMB-120. P-E-R-F-E-C-T!
So I flew down to SB and then switched into an "exclusive" West Coast Livery for this FOTM.
My mind really isn't coming up with any fanciful tales this month so I'll simply report that I flew the EMB-120 to:
Van Nuys 
Palm Springs
San Diego
Then into the EMB-190 to Lake Tahoe, Vegas and North Bend before returning to SB.
It occurs to me that I haven't mentioned http://www.plr.org in a long time. (PLR EMB) Here is their new EMB-190, only lacking the "Positive Life Radio" wording.

Thanks Monk, I think you have given me inspiration for where to spend part of my "Free Time" in 2013!