02 July 2008

September 2007 - Eastern Brazil

Here's the deal: I'm planning on being off (out of town) most of the month of September. (Good for me, Bad for flying) However, Joao had already given me the FOTM details (Good for flying) so I took the last weekend in July to fly this FOTM early. (Good for the September FOTM)


Having arrived into Recife (SBRF), Brazil I was ready to set out in a 737: First one up is a repaint of the default 737-400.
Call me crazy but this runway hardly seems long enough for a 737! Joao, are you sure about this? Only one mile long! Okay, so with standing on the brakes, I got stopped in time and then I used the excess POWER of the 737-500 to lauch back into the air.



Wow! That was fun and I landed on the right runway - imagine the approach to the left runway! Hoooo, great stuff! Okay, finally I took the 737-800, Flight Club's partner airline, to Sao Paulo. Bad news: A recent TAM crash in Sao Paulo.
Good News: I had clear weather. Another scenic flight!


Okay, well, there are certainly a bunch of great-looking beaches on this FOTM! The final round into Sao Paulo was actually pretty scary - Another Good News vs Bad News moment for which you'll have to see the video. I'm glad we finally made it down in one piece! (That's what I get for letting a six-year old try his hand on finals!)

Two more things to tell you about: http://www.plr.org/ http://www.putfile.com/pretendpilot Then look for "BRAZIL"

pretendpilot@yahoo.com