01 July 2008

May 2007 - Peru's Nazca Lines


Nazca Lines PIREP By Ron Blehm Note: All times listed are local US West Coast
Sunday April 15th – 06:55 AM: After doing a little bit of Flight Club paperwork at the cabin, I flew the default Lear 45 from LGFC back to Friedrichshafen (pict1) for some additional sight-seeing and a road trip (in a BMW) up into the Alps and Lichtenstein.
Friday April 20th - Noon: I take a six-seat Piper around the Bodensee (pict2) area and then on in to Innsbruck for the weekend. (pict3) (pict4)
Friday April 27th – 15:00 PM: I received word from Brad that we should head for Lima or Arequipa and wait for directions. Sounds good to me! At that moment I started to plan my return to Peru, much like my flight from Central America and the Caribbean after March: Flight Club Lancerjet to the Canary Islands; Il Divo 757 to an undisclosed city in Brazil where I need to take photos for the December 2007 FOTM presented by one of our VA pilots.
Then, I’m into the Flight Club 732 for the hop over to Arequipa.
Sunday April 29th – 11:20 AM: I start writing this document.
Monday April 30th – 05:03 AM: Lancerjet to Gran Canaria, FL 410, Time Compressed to arrive before leaving for work…didn’t quite make it.
Monday April 30th – 21:00 PM: I land the Lancerjet (pict5) and load the flightplan into Brazil.
Tuesday May 1st – 15:30 PM: I include my link to http://www.plr.org/
Tuesday May 1st – 22:20 PM: Il Divo 757 departs the Canarys…FL370…Time Compression across the Atlantic. (pict6)
Wednesday May 2nd – 04:30 AM: I arrive into Brazil. (pict7)
Wednesday May 2nd – 22:40 PM: I set in the route for the December FOTM, load a plane and save the flight.
Thursday May 3rd – 04:50 AM: I depart on the December photo journey. I don’t want to fly the FOTM early, just snap some photos for the author (not sure why he can’t do this???) I use map view to drag myself here-and-there just enough to go with his outline for the featured flights.
Monday May 7th – 04:50 AM: I depart from….better not say. I take the 732 across South America into Arequipa, Peru.
Monday May 7th – 17:50 PM: I update this document, writing the above portion(s) in Word.doc format.
Monday May 7th – 20:47 PM: I land the 732 in Arequipa (pict8) (pict9) (pict10) and then download and install the Nazca add-on.
Tuesday May 8th – 04:20 AM: I take the default KingAir 350 Arequipa to Nazca. (pict11) Now, here's the deal, you'll need to go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoICtknSRU to see why I had to call a Mayday and return BACK to Arequipa and make an emergency landing!
Thursday May 10th – 22:30 PM: I repaint a Fokker F-27 for the sight-seeing tour of “the lines.”
Tuesday May 15th - 06:25 AM: I begin copying the Word.doc onto the website.
Wednesday May 16th – 04:42 AM: I snap all kinds of photos. (pict12) (pict13) (pict14) (pict15) (pict16) (pict17)

Thursday May 17th - 06:55 AM: I upload the first 11 photos to here (the website)

Friday May 18th - 16:21 PM: I continue on in the Fokker to a nice little resort near the beach.

Then I format and upload the remaining photos. (pict18) (pict19) (pict20)

Brad, you pulled another Peruvian out of the bag - I thought we were about done down here but this was another scenic and yet also educational flight. Thank you for sharing this with us and expanding my own world horizons. I love this stuff!

pretendpilot@yahoo.com